This three-story school building is sited on a corner lot with the entrance on the side street. Like many religious schools of this time period, the materials are simple. The aluminum windows are surrounded by concrete framing and a large concrete cross dominates the corner brick stairtower. To the right of the entrance staircase is a perpendicular concrete wall with abstract cross motifs and to the left of the entrance doors is a striking mosaic of St. Elizabeth.
This complex is a standard suburban style medical center, common in other parts of the country but less so in New York City. The elements are a dark brown brick with white trim and a flat roof.
This bank branch is a one story structure with a flat projecting roof. The exterior incorporates full height windows, yellow brick, and dark marble cladding at one corner and on a vertical column that separates the banking space with the back offices. The building is set back from the street and surrounded by off street-parking. The architect worked in-house for First National City Bank’s Premises Department.
Although many of the nearby Queens Chamber award winning buildings have been demolished, this one-story, utilitarian building remains. The building sits at on a corner lot with an angled entrance facing directly into the intersection. Besides several lines of subtle decoratively-shaped stone tiles in vertical rows, the entire structure lacks any overt detailing.
This church is part of a much larger religious complex which also includes the award-winning convent of 1954. The church and neighboring monastery are in a Romanesque style and clad in tan and grey rough-cut ashlar stone, topped by a red tile roof.