Blomberg, Karl E. with Cybul, David N. | Bronze Plaque for Rehabilitation | Significantly Altered | Whitestone | Bank | 1957 |
This bank branch is located as just one storefront in a much larger shopping center along the Cross Island Parkway. While much of the retail space reads as contemporary, the bank space still has some marble cladding at the storefront level and some original metal detailing as well.
Luongo, Vincent D. | Bronze Plaque for Rehabilitation | Extant | Ozone Park | Religious Building | 1960 |
St. Stanislaus was considered an award-winning rehabilitation, but in actuality only the foundation was left standing when the original frame church was taken down and expanded. Built in Ozone Park for a growing Polish population, the new church accommodated 500 parishioners and the walls were rebuilt in brick over a steel framework. The exterior design is restrained with brick cladding and limestone detailing. The belltower above the entrance was also an addition to the new building.
Abrahams, Charles | Bronze Plaque for Rehabilitation | Extant | Woodhaven | Bank | 1954 |
This bank building was created through the rehabilitation of a three story commercial building with the existing two story bank next door all running along Jamaica Avenue under the elevated train line. Next to this along Woodhaven Boulevard was added a one-story annex. All the building were reclad in a combination of limestone and granite with marble accents. The window lines are recessed, giving this structure a classical slant. A small clock is placed above the recessed corner entrance.
Bousquet, George L. | Bronze Plaque for Rehabilitation | Extant | Flushing | Residence | 1949 |
This residence was awarded as a rehabilitation not a residence, as the modern intervention was to expand the house from a one-family to two-family and one story to two, with an additional one-story extension. According to the awards program description, both residences have front and rear access. The interior was completely gutted and redone. The exterior remains mostly intact and features a facade of granite veneer on the first floor, shingles on the second, and a slate roof.