This building still stands although completely altered and serving a retail use. It was built as a distribution center for several of Republic Steel Corporation’s subsidiaries. The image from the program book shows a two-story warehouse with factory style windows on both levels and what looks to be concrete framing around the window banks and entrance area. The building was completely fireproof. It was altered around 1997 as a big-box type establishment and sits among numerous similar retail outlets.
The one-story Lincoln-Mercury building featured a rounded showroom with floor to ceiling windows and finished with brick and terra cotta trim. Behind this was an open plan service station and repair shop. Schildkraut Inc. had sold Fords and Mercurys at this location since at least 1941, although its unclear if they commissioned this new building. On the site today is a rounded one-story structure that is connected to a much larger storage warehouse. Although this may be the remnant of the auto showroom, if so it has been too altered to confirm