Heller, Simeon with Meltzer, George J. | Bronze Plaque for Banks | Significantly Altered | Flushing | Bank | 1968 |
This bank branch is currently vacant and has been completely reclad in 90s era ceramic tiles. A simple structure incorporated into an existing commercial row, the building was originally identified by a facade of precast aggregate panels and a large bay of windows that looked onto the banking floor.
Pomerance and Breines | Bronze Plaque for Schools and Colleges | Extant | Jackson Heights | School or College | 1968 |
Founded in 1865, Lexington is the oldest and largest school for the deaf in New York State. This massive complex was built to accommodate 300 students in a campus setting. The buildings are clad in brick with concrete vertical and horizontal elements. The campus is set back from the streetwall with parking and landscaping in front. Both walls and windows on the buildings are double-paned with air space in between. In addition to classrooms, the campus includes a dormitory wing, gymnasium, auditorium, and swimming pool.